Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Only 2 Financial Rules You Need Live By

by Tara Struyk
There's a lot of great advice out there to saving money. But if it overwhelms you, start with just these two simple rules and you'll be on your way to financial independence.

More from MoneyTalksNews.com:

The 10 Commandments of Wealth and Happiness

The 10 Golden Rules of Saving on Everything

3 Steps to Cut Your Cable Bill by 90 Percent
(Article starts)
When it comes to the way we think about money, I've noticed there are two kinds of people: those who think $1,000 is a lot of money, and those who think $10 is a lot of money.
I fall into the second category. But I'm not especially frugal. I have a fairly nice car, I take a vacation every year, and it isn't too hard to convince me to drop a few hundred dollars on a great pair of shoes now and then. I've never even clipped a coupon. But I've also maxed out my retirement savings, bought a house, and live without debt — all on an average salary for where I live.

More

My take:
I really like the concept of mindful spending that the author introduces. If I am honest
I must admit that I usually don't spend money as mindfully as I should. Sounds like a
good New Year's resolution to start in October or November, right?

These past several years have proven the necessity to plan ahead in case money flow in and out changes drastically and suddenly. The way I see it: we can only do the best that we can and learn from our own money decisions in the past.

Bob Hoff
October 19, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment